Monday, May 3, 2010

Pumpkin Cake


I got this recipe from a recipe exchange we did in our BYU ward shortly after Ben and I were married. I made this cake a couple of times back in the fall and am just getting around to posting the recipe. The frosting is what makes this so good! **I just made this again the other day and I baked it in a large cookie sheet. It turned out great because the cake wasn't so thick. So that's another way you can do it. I baked it for about 25-27 minutes.

Pumpkin Cake

2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 small can pumpkin

Add first 3 ingredients, then fold in flour and stir thoroughly. Add last 4 ingredients and stir well. Pour mixture into greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

Icing:

3 cups powdered sugar
1 stick margarine (I use butter.)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 bar (or 4 oz.) cream cheese

Mix all ingredients but add powdered sugar last. Spread icing on cake after it has cooled.

**(Update 10/10) I have started making this in a large cookie sheet (the big silver ones they sell at Costco) and I like it better....more like bars than cake. I've also started using only 1/2-3/4 of a cube of butter instead of the whole thing for the frosting...still tastes great IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment