Monday, May 3, 2010

Bran Muffins


One of these days I will get a nice camera and take beautiful pictures of my food! This is another of my mom's wonderful recipes. I LOVE this bran muffin recipe. I have never found a better one. This recipe makes a TON (1 gallon) so you can refrigerate extra batter for several weeks in the fridge and use it a little at a time.

Bran Muffins

2 1/2 cups sugar

1 cup butter

5 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 cups boiling water

4 eggs

4 cups Kelloggs All Bran cereal

2 cups 100% Nabisco Bran cereal (I don't think they sell this anymore so I've subsituted Fiber One or even just used more of the All Bran....basically any other straight bran cereal should work.)

1 quart buttermilk

5 cups flour

Pour boiling water over 100% Nabisco Bran and set aside. Cream sugar and butter. Then stir in buttermilk and eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Last, add the Nabisco Bran mixture. Mix it all up. Batter will appear lumpy. Refrigerate batter or pour desired amount in lined muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Best bran muffins EVER!!! Tell Ben he can stay at hotel Bang anytime. And if he's here at the same time in June as Dad, they can bunk together and cuddle :)

    ReplyDelete