Sunday, May 30, 2010

Black Bean Enchiladas


We enjoyed dinner outside tonight! When it comes to enchiladas I'm always looking for something new to spice them up. I get tired of the same old enchiladas over and over again. So here's a variation of your tried and true recipe. I broiled mine on low for another five minutes after the initial baking time and I liked the crispyness it added. I got this recipe from http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com - where else?!

Black Bean Enchiladas

Flour tortillas

Shredded Colby Jack cheese

Sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used at least a cup - I like cheese!)
juice from canned tomatoes and chilies

Mix in separate bowl:
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes and chilies, drained (I used one can diced tomatoes and one can chopped green chilies.)
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed

Spread a spoonful of sauce onto a flour tortilla. Top with chicken mixture and another spoonful or two of sauce. (I added cheese on top of my chicken mixture before the other spoonful(s) of sauce.) Roll up and line in 9x13 inch baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil spray. Top enchiladas with rest of sauce and desired amount of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. (Broil for another 5 minutes or so if you want them a little crispy on top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment