Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I grew up on. However, my friend Kim made these for a gathering we had several years later and there was something different about them - they were better. I found out the secret - shortening. Instead of using all butter, you use 1/2 cup shortening and 1/2 cup butter. It makes a big difference. Another secret - don't over mix.

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup margarine (I use 1/2 cup butter & 1/2 cup shortening.)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla (I only use one.)
2 1/4 cups unsifted flour (I use 2 1/2.)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet.)
Stir flour with baking soda and salt and set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and shortening with sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Gradually blend dry ingredients with wet. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment