Monday, May 3, 2010

Avocado Salsa


Another one from www.sisterscafe.blogspot.com. I got a bunch of avocados from a co-op I participate in and needed some new ideas for ways I could use them. Sisters Cafe had just the thing! A healthy and fresh tasting chunky salsa. I loved it! I've made it a couple of times since.

AVOCADO SALSA


Mix in large bowl:
1 package 16oz frozen-thawed-corn (I used 1 can shoepeg corn)
1 can black olives sliced (I omitted)
1 medium sweet bell pepper, diced small
1 small sweet onion, diced small
1-2 cucumbers diced small

Mix seperately:
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 T cider or white vinegar
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix in small bowl and stir into large bowl of diced vegetables, then GENTLY add:2-4 ripe chopped avocados (denpending on the size and your liking)

No comments:

Post a Comment