Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Caramel Brownies


So lately I am trying to eat healthier than I have in the past. I am trying to use more natural ingredients and less processed foods when I cook/bake. However, I've always had a big sweet tooth! It is one of my weaknesses and not something I am ready to let go of yet. So for now, I'll continue to make fattening desserts because they taste so good! I got this recipe from my friend Robyn, shortly after Ben & I were married. It always gets rave reviews and it is so easy!

Caramel Brownies

7 Tbsp margarine melted (I use butter.)
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 German Chocolate Cake mix (I usually use Betty Crocker.)

Mix together and put half in a greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 325 for 7-8 minutes.

45-50 caramels (I use the Kraft brand.)
1/2 cup evaporated milk

Melt together 1-2 minutes in microwave, then stir and repeat. Do this until caramel is all melted and mixed together with milk.

After cake comes out of oven, sprinkle with 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour caramel mixture over top and drop remaining cake batter by spoonfuls on top of caramel. Return to oven for 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment