Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bread Machine Rolls


Two Christmases ago I received a bread machine and I have LOVED the Dough setting. I don't have a Kitchen Aid or a Bosch so I often will make my bread dough in my bread machine. It saves me from having to knead by hand - which I really don't enjoy! My friend Sheia introduced me to this roll recipe and I use it all the time now!

Bread Machine Rolls


Put into bread machine in this order:
1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp margarine softened (I use butter)
1 egg
3 1/4 cups BREAD flour (although I made these the other day with regular flour and they still tasted great)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
Make a volcano and add 2 3/4 tsp yeast (I like to use SAF yeast.)

Set machine on dough cycle (1:30 on my machine). When done, roll dough out on floured surface about 1/2" thick. Roll into large circle and cut into wedges with pizza cutter. Roll up beginning at widest end, into crescent style rolls like the ones pictured above (my favorite style). Place on greased baking sheet and let rise till about double in size. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Spread butter on tops while still hot.

I also like to make this using whole wheat flour. Here are the variations:

Honey Wheat Rolls

Put 2 Tbsp honey in machine with water, egg, and butter. Reduce BREAD flour to 2 1/2 cups and add 3/4 cups whole wheat flour. Omit sugar. Add salt and yeast as before.


No comments:

Post a Comment