Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fruit Smoothie


I have been on a big smoothie kick lately. It's a great way to eat healthy foods in an appetizing way - especially to my kids. They get excited as we add each ingredient, including some things they won't normally eat plain. Today we made our best one yet (pictured above).


Fruit Smoothie


Spinach leaves
Banana
Mango
Kiwi
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
Frozen Strawberries
Frozen Blueberries


I always start by putting a couple of handfuls of spinach into the blender. I blend this with 1/2 - 1 cup of water. Then today I added juice from half of a lemon, a whole kiwi, half of a mango, half of a banana and a cup or so of frozen blueberries. I blended these and last, I added about 8-10 frozen strawberries. I love that it's sweet enough as is without having to add a granual of sugar! You can really add whatever fruits you have on hand and probably other vegetables....I plan to experiment with other ingredients. My kids think it's the greatest and it's good for us! BTW, the blueberries make it this appetizing color....otherwise I think it would be green.

No comments:

Post a Comment