Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pumpkin Waffles


If you're wondering why the syrup doesn't cover the entire waffle, it's because Tyler didn't want syrup on his section. He wanted ketchup. :) These waffles are seriously good! This is the time of year when I always seem to have pumpkin leftover in my fridge so I'm always looking for ways to use it. I love just about anything pumpkin. I got this recipe from my friend Sheia and my friend Melanie has a recipe for apple cider syrup that goes great with these too.

Pumpkin Waffles

2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
4 Tbsp butter, melted
2/3 cup canned pumpkin

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and pumpkin. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined. Coat waffles iron with non-stick spray and cook.

Apple Cider Syrup

Mix in sauce pan
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 tsp corn starch
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Add
  • 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
  • 1 TBS lemon juice
  • 2 TBS butter
Cook all ingredients except butter over medium heat. Heat until thick and bubbly. Cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter.
Makes 1 1/3 cups syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment