Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Black Bottom Cupcakes


I first tried these at a stake relief society social in our BYU married student ward. The wife of one of our high counselors made these. Many years later, I finally decided to give this recipe a try. They were just as good as I remembered and easy too!

Black Bottom Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together. Add remaining ingredients and using a mixer, blend well. Fill lined muffin cups 1/3 full with batter.

Filling:
1 - 8oz. package cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
chopped almonds (I omit.)

Combine cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt. Beat well. Stir in chocolate chips. Place heaping spoonful of mixture on top of batter in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with additional sugar and chopped almonds (I omit both.) Bake at 350. I bake one muffin tin at a time (so 12 muffins) and it takes between 18-20 minutes to cook. Makes 24 cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. These were sooo good the other day. I haven't had much of a stomach for chocolate, but I couldn't pass these up!

    ReplyDelete