Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fudge


The last time I made fudge it really didn't come out great. It was too soft. This time was much better. I tried a new recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I don't know about you but it's just not Christmas without fudge. (Just try to overlook the amount of sugar in this - holy cow!)

Fudge

1 cup butter
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
4 cups white sugar

1) Line a 13X9 dish with tin foil and butter the tin foil.

2) In large saucepan combine butter, sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and let it boil for at least 5 minutes, maybe as long as 10. Stir constantly.

3) Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and marshmallow creme. Mix until chocolate chips are completely melted. Then stir in walnuts (if you choose). Spread mixture into prepared dish. Refrigerate until cool and hard.

*A tip when cutting. I pulled the entire thing out of the pan by grabbing the edges of the tin foil. Then I cut a large section at a time and transferred it from the tin foil to a cutting board to cut it up further. This way you don't end up with pieces of tin foil in your fudge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment