Saturday, August 28, 2010

Farmers Market Salsa


Our tomato plants are thriving this year. The tomatoes I'm getting look so nice and pretty! I should have taken a picture. :) I love fresh, homemade salsa - it's a perfect snack that you don't have to feel guilty about eating. This recipe calls for Roma tomatoes but I used my Early Girls and they worked great - probably any medium sized vine tomato would. I also omitted the banana pepper because I couldn't find it at the grocery store.

Farmers Market Salsa

8-10 large vine ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
1 small Walla Walla sweet onion, diced
1 jalapeƱo pepper, seeded, diced
1 banana pepper seeded (long pale yellow), chopped
1 small green bell pepper, seeded, diced
Juice of two limes
Chopped fresh cilantro to taste (or dried, to taste)
1 tsp of sugar
Kosher Salt to taste
Ground pepper to taste

Mix everything together and enjoy!

For a variation try:
1 chopped, peeled ripe avocado or 1 chopped, peeled ripe nectarine, peach or mango

No comments:

Post a Comment