Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Burritos



I first tried these burritos when my friend Margaret made them for a church function we were having. There was something sweet tasting in them that I really liked. She was kind enough to give me the recipe and I have made them several times since. The great thing about this recipe is that it makes a lot of filling so you can easily get a couple pans worth of burritos or even freeze some of the filling for another meal.

Burritos

6 chicken breasts, boiled and diced (I have never used this much chicken. I usually use about 10 tenders.)

1 package Zataran's "Red Beans & Rice" mix. Cooked as package directs.

3 cups cheese

1 cup sour cream (I almost always bake with light sour cream.)

1 small jar of salsa (I always just eye this from my larger jar - I'd say 1/2 -1 cup is sufficient.)

1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies

1 can sliced olives (I omit.)

1 15 oz. can corn

1 15 oz. can black beans

1-2 10 oz. cans mild green enchilada sauce

12-15 flour tortillas

Add everything to a pot and heat on stovetop. Pour a little bit of green enchilada sauce in bottom of 9X13 pan(s). (Can use your own recipe or 10 oz. Old El Paso brand can works well.) Fill flour tortillas and lay side by side in pan. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and grated cheese. Warm in oven at 300 degrees for 20 minutes or so - long enough for cheese to be good and melted on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment