Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta


Oh my goodness! Can I tell you how much I loved this dish?? And Ben loved it too! I got this from http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com. Is it so obvious how much I love that blog?? This is the perfect summer pasta. It is light and tastes so fresh. I didn't have any tomatoes ready to be picked from my garden so I settled for tomatos from my Bountiful Basket (the co-op that I participate in most recently) - which were great. I used linguine, which I thought was the perfect noodle choice for this dish, but really spaghetti or fettucine would taste great too.

Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta

2 large ripe, firm tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
1 Tb fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp dried basil
1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
½ tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
Shredded Parmesan cheese
6-8 oz angel hair pasta

Mix together the diced tomatoes, chopped basil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Let "marinate" on counter for 30 minutes. Cook the pasta al dente. Drain and toss with the tomato mixture. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment