Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Strawberry Freezer Jam


The boys and I picked strawberries from our backyard the other day. I love fresh strawberries and especially turning them into jam! My favorite freezer jam recipe is the Ball brand one. It only calls for 1 1/2 cups of sugar to 4 cups of strawberries and I think it tastes plenty sweet. This jam goes perfectly with the bread machine rolls (see previous post.)

Strawberry Freezer Jam

4 cups strawberries crushed
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 packet Ball brand fruit pectin

Mix sugar with pectin and set aside. Crush strawberries - a pound of whole strawberries equals about 1 cup crushed. Mix sugar mixture with strawberries and spoon into jars. Twist on lids and let set 30 minutes. Then refrigerate or freeze. It can last up to three weeks in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I had no idea you had this blog! I can't wait to try some of these yummy recipes! Oh, and I was so envious when I saw you have an "evil skeever" pan. That's what my kids call them. I'm hoping my parents get me one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete