Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hootenany Pancakes


I got this recipe from my mom. She made these many times while I was growing up. I've since learned that this dish goes by many different names! I don't know where "hootenany" came from - kind of a goofy name - but that's what we've always called them.

Hootenany Pancakes

6 eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup flour

1 cube butter

Preheat oven to 425. Melt butter in 9X13 pan in oven while it's heating. Combine eggs, milk and salt in blender until fluffy. Slowly tap in flour. Pour batter into 9X13 pan and bake for 25 minutes. Top with syrup (or whatever your heart desires!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin, how are you? Hope you are doing well. Great blog! Great recipes!

    We always made these growing up too, except we always called them Dutch Babies, or German Pancakes. So yumm!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete