Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pineapple Salsa Chicken


I love crock pot meals - just throw everything in and let the crock pot do the work! I made this with mild salsa but I think I'd like it even more with medium - just needed a little extra kick, in my opinion. I also used two cans of black beans because I was out of white beans. You can really use whatever you have on hand. This recipes comes from the Sisters Cafe.

Pineapple Salsa Chicken

6 fresh or frozen chicken breasts
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
1 (15 oz.) can white beans
2 cups mild or medium salsa

Tortillas or tortilla chips and garnishes: sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, etc.

Place chicken in crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Using tongs, remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Mix chicken back in with rest of ingredients. The mixture will be quite soupy so you may want to drain off the excess liquid before serving, especially if eating in tortillas. The leftovers can be frozen in a freezer-safe ziploc bag and reheated in a crock pot another day.


1 comment: