Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bread Machine Rolls (w/oil instead of egg)


This is another great bread machine roll recipe. This one calls for oil and no eggs so I've made these on occasion for families with egg allergies. I also think this dough is less sticky so it's easier to roll out and requires less flour in the process. This recipe came from a cookbook my mother-in-law's ward put together.

Bread Machine Rolls

1/4 cup melted shortening or oil (I use canola oil.)
1/3 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp yeast
3/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup milk
4 cups flour

Place liquid ingredients in bottom of loaf pan. Add other ingredients with the flour on top and the yeast on the very top. Use the dough cycle. Take out and shape into twelve rolls or three medium loaves of bread. Bake bread at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Bake rolls at 400 for 12 minutes. Using a pastry brush, brush butter on top of finished rolls or loaves of bread. **I halve the dough and roll it out into a circle and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter. I get 12 rolls out of each half....24 rolls total.


8 comments:

  1. Did you leave the dough to rise after shaping into rolls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous recipe! I guessed and left them to rise.. Made 24 rolls and with 3 hungry boys in the house and a fresh pot of chicken noodle soup they were gone in a flash! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rolled mine into one inch balls and placed 4 in each muffen tin. Worked out great! I got 24 4 leave clover rolls. Hubby loved them, and most other times my rolls sick. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I never would have made homemade rolls had I not found your recipe. I have now made them twice and they are fabulous and so easy!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 24 rolls, 400 degrees, black on the bottom and uncooked on the top within 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this today and it turned out fantastically. I used canola oil and a bread machine. It baked in my preheated oven for about 16 minutes, give or take. I yielded about 20 rolls. Thanks for sharing - my husband is allergic to eggs and this was helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin. Thank you for sharing this. I have made bread so far but rolls, not yet :). I was just wondering how big the rolls are (roughly), and if I made large rolls for burgers would I decrease the temperature and adjust the time..or are these quite big already? I am excited to try them. Smiles

    ReplyDelete