Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad


This is another great salad recipe - something different. I love the dressing and the way it soaks into the chicken. I got this recipe from a cookbook my mother-in-law's Relief Society put together.

Chinese Chicken Salad

1 head cabbage, chopped
2 bunches green onions, finely diced
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 pkgs. Top Ramen noodles (chicken flavor), broken into small pieces
1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds

Dressing:

1/4 cup oil (I used canola.)
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 chicken seasoning packets from the Top Ramen noodles

Mix the dressing well and add to salad mixture not more than 1 hour before serving. **This makes a lot so I only used about 1/2 a head of cabbage and one package of Ramen noodles. I also halved all the dressing ingredients. I omitted the almonds due to a nut allergy in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment