Thursday, September 16, 2010

Banana Nugget Cookies


I grew up on these cookies! My mom made these all the time when we were young - I think she got the recipe from her mom. They became my favorite cookie at an early age. I love that they are always soft (due to the banana in them).

Banana Nugget Cookies

Mix together in a large bowl:

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, well beaten
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 1/2) - very ripe ones work the best
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups oats
2 cups chocolate chips

I always double this recipe. I also go easy on the nutmeg and I usually use bananas that I've thrown in the freezer previously. Mix everything up and drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment