Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ranch Dressing (My new go-to recipe.)


I love ranch dressing but I don't particularly like store-bought varieties.  (Plus they are full of a bunch of "unnatural" ingredients.)  I've been making this recipe for a while but I've found one I like even better.  It has a few more ingredients but is still pretty quick and easy to make.  The recipe works perfectly with my Magic Bullet but you could blend it up in any smaller-size blender.

Ranch Dressing
  • 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
  • 3/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 4 green onions (use just the green parts) or 1 small bunch chives
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (I usually use 1 tsp dried.)
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (I usually use 1 tsp. dried.)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste (I prefer just a dash.)
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.  Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment