Friday, April 13, 2012

Strawberry Bread


I love sweet breads and usually make the banana or zucchini variety but I was excited to come across a recipe that called for strawberries.  Since they are coming into season we have been eating A LOT of them around here.

Strawberry Bread

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups fresh strawberries, cut small

Mix flour, soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl. Add eggs, sugar, oil. Mix until moist, carefully add strawberries. Batter will be thick. Spoon into greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes then remove.

Note:  I substituted 1 cup of wheat flour for one cup of the regular white flour.  I also substituted coconut sugar in place of the white sugar and I didn't use a full 2 cups because my strawberries were already pretty sweet.  I also used liquified coconut oil in place of the canola oil but I think the consistency of the bread would have come out slightly better had I stuck with the canola oil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment