Saturday, April 28, 2012

Poppyseed Dressing


I don't know what was going on with my camera (or with the person behind the camera) but my pictures all came out awful.  Oh well.  I wanted to make sure I included this recipe - good picture or bad - because the dressing is really good! 

Salad:

Spinach
Strawberries, sliced
Avocado, diced

**This dressing would work with a lot of salads, especially any fruit variety.

Dressing:

1/3 cup white sugar (my strawberries were really sweet so I used less sugar...maybe 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground dry mustard
1 tsp. grated onion
1 cup vegetable oil (I think I may have cut this down to 3/4 cup...but now I can't remember!)
1 Tbsp. poppyseeds

In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and onion and process for 20 seconds. With blender or food processor on high, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment