Saturday, June 11, 2011

Symphony Cookies


What can I say?  I love homemade cookies...especially hot right out of the oven.  These cookies are great because they stay nice and puffed up.  I credit the pudding in the mix for that.  These cookies are called "Symphony cookies" because they use a crushed up Symphony chocolate bar in lieu of chocolate or other chips.  I have made these with vanilla and chocolate pudding and both are good but I prefer the vanilla.  (This recipe comes from The Sisters Cafe.)

Symphony Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 small box instant vanilla (or chocolate) pudding - 3.4 oz. size 
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour 
1 tsp. baking soda
*I usually add about 1/2 tsp. salt but the original recipe doesn't call for it.
1 giant (6.8 oz) Symphony bar w/ almonds and toffee bits, chopped

Cream butter, sugar, pudding mix and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and beat until creamy.  Combine flour and baking soda in separate bowl.  Add to butter mixture, stirring until combined.  Stir in chocolate pieces.  Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment