Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jello Cake


There is nothing fancy about this cake but it's kind of fun to make for a change every now and then.  Ben prefers this to any frosting cake.  If you add bananas like I did I would wait until right before you serve this.  

1 white cake mix
1 small box (3.4 oz) fruit flavored jello
1 tub whipped topping or homemade version
Fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, raspberries...to match the flavor of jello.

Make cake mix according to package directions.  Bake in a 9X13 pan.  Allow to cool.  Poke holes in top of cake liberally with a fork.  Make jello according to package directions but do not add the extra cup of cool water. (So only use half the amount of water.)  Once jello has cooled slightly, pour all over top of cake.  Jello will seep through holes.  Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately with whipped topping and fresh fruit cut up on top. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin- It's Holly Fish Beck! I just hopped on here from Amy's blog and I am practically drooling! Will you invite me to your private blog? the-becks@hotmail.com I need to get your email so I can do the same on ours! Hope you guys are doing well. I laughed at Amy's entry about the two of you at Women's Conference. I am sure you two had a blast.

    ReplyDelete