Saturday, June 11, 2011

Poppyseed Bundt Cake


I guess it's a little bit odd to be on a baking kick in the middle of June, but for whatever reason, it seems to be the case with me.  This was a fun dessert to prepare.  I haven't used my bundt cake pan for a LONG time.  I also have NEVER used poppyseeds before.  Now that I have them on hand I think I'll have to try a poppy seed muffin recipe next.  This is another one from The Sisters Cafe....what would I do without The Sisters?!

1 yellow cake mix (the kind with pudding)
1 (3.4 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sour cream (I used lite.)
4 eggs


Mix yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding and poppy seeds. Add juice, oil, and sour cream and mix. Add 4 eggs one at a time, mix well. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. 


When cake is about 10 minutes from being done, start the glaze:


Glaze:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter (1 cube)
1-2 TB corn syrup (can omit)


Bring to a boil–then keep bubbly until ready to pour over cake. It is really like syrup that soaks in. Give it a few minutes to soak in and then turn it out onto a cake plate. 

1 comment:

  1. I love boys, I love bunts, and I love cake. Thank you for this recipe

    ReplyDelete