Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ranch Pork Roast


What this picture really needs is a green salad!  Unfortunately, my fridge is really lacking in the vegetable department right now.  I haven't been able to get a Bountiful Basket for the past two weeks!  I keep forgetting to order right at noon and by the time I sign on, they are gone.  In fact, all of Utah County was sold out by the time I signed on early Monday evening!  Ugh!  Anyway, this pork roast is wonderful and SO easy.  It is really, really moist.  It reminds me of Kalua Pork but with a slightly different flavor.  This is another recipe I found at The Sisters Cafe.

Ranch Pork Roast

1 Pork Sirloin Tip Roast (these are sold in four packs at Costco - they are about 2lbs each and 98% fat free!)
Ranch Dressing Mix (dry packet)

Place the roast in a crock pot and sprinkle half of the ranch dressing packet over roast.  Fill crock pot about 1/3 full with water and cook on low for 5-8 hours.  The roast is done when you can easily shred it with a fork.  You can drain off some of the water before serving.  That's it!

1 comment:

  1. Erin I'm so lame. Why didn't I know you had a recipe blog before? Everything looks really good and I'll be trying some of these soon.

    ReplyDelete