Monday, March 14, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie


This is one of Ben's all-time favorite meals.  I have to admit, I like it, but it's not my favorite.  I basically make it for him and as far as I'm concerned, if it's one of his favorite's it's blog-worthy.  I first tried this when my good friend and neighbor Kristen made this back when we lived in Provo as newlyweds.  I've been making it here and there ever since.

Chicken Pot Pie

Boil 3 eggs.
Boil 2-3 chicken breasts in salted water.
Remove chicken, chop, and place in bottom of 13X9 casserole dish.
Top with 1 can mixed vegetables, drained and then boiled eggs, sliced.

Mix 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of celery, 2 cups chicken broth (can use broth from boiled chicken above.)
Pour over chicken, vegetables and eggs.

Crust:
1 cup self-rising flour
1 stick melted butter
1 cup milk

Mix together and drop by spoonfuls on top of everything else in baking dish.

Bake at 375 about 45 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.  Allow to sit for five minutes or so after removing from oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment