Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Banana Bread (or Muffins)


I've been making these muffins for a while now as part of our breakfast rotation.  The recipe came from 100 Days of Real Food and I love that it uses wholesome ingredients and honey instead of sugar!  These aren't as sweet as some of my other banana bread recipes but sweet enough.  And it helps that I'm usually a bit generous when measuring the honey.

Banana Bread (or Muffins)

  • 2 ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • ¼ cup plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt.)
  • ¼ cup honey (I use as much as 1/3 c.)
  • 2 eggs
  • ⅓ cup oil (I use coconut oil.)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.  Or place liners in muffin tin.
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
  4. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
  5. Pour batter into prepared pan (or liners).
  6. Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.  Bake muffins for approximately 15 minutes.

1 comment: