Thursday, December 13, 2012

Zuppa Toscana Soup


I got this recipe for the Olive Garden's famous Zuppa Toscana Soup from my friend Heather.  I actually think it tastes better than the Olive Garden's version.  It is so flavorful.  I made it only a week and a half ago and I am ready to make it again!

Zuppa Toscana Soup

Package of Jimmy Dean regular sausage
5 potatoes, cut into cubes or whatever size pieces you prefer (I used red but you could use just about any variety.)
1 onion diced
8 slices bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
1 Qt water with 4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 tsp garlic
1/3 c heavy cream
Kale

Cook sausage and onion together. Cook bacon separate. Combine once cooked. Add garlic, water, boullion and potatoes, simmer for 15 minutes. Add some kale the last couple of minutes. Add heavy cream and simmer for 4 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment