Thursday, December 13, 2012

Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love brownies and I love cookies so I figured I couldn't go wrong with this combination cookie.  Though a little time consuming, they are a fun change from the norm.  I figured out that I had to cut my brownie squares pretty small in order to make a regular-sized cookie.  The possibilities are endless when it comes to stuffed cookies and I will definitely be experimenting with other things in the future.


Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 brownie mix (Bake ahead of time.)
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (For fluffier cookies, add an extra 1/2 cup of flour for a total of 4 cups.)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips 

Prepare brownies according to package directions.  Let cool completely then cut into 1 inch squares.

Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until well combined.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.  Place a scoop of dough on top of a brownie square and another smaller scoop on the bottom.  Gently press and enclose brownie with dough.  Place filled cookies onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  (Watch them, your time may vary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment