Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies


We had oatmeal with Craisins for breakfast the other morning and Tyler found a cookie recipe on the back of the Craisin bag.  He asked if we could try it, so that day after school he and I made these cookies together.  I have to say, they were delicious!  He asked me to post the recipe on my blog - no problem!  *I doubled this and it made about five dozen cookies.

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups Craisins Dried Cranberries (I only used 1 cup.)
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips (I used a full cup... maybe even a little more.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, mixing well.  Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in separate mixing bowl.  Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.  Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment