Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sour Cream Banana Bread


During the week or two before Blake was born I started baking and freezing bread.  I also put together a few freezer meals so our family wouldn't starve. :)  I love Martha Stewart's Banana Bread recipe I have but wanted to try a more traditional banana bread recipe this time.  This one did not disappoint.  Now I have two go-to banana bread recipes that I think I will alternate between.

Sour Cream Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 ripe bananas)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bottom only of a loaf pan (or use 3 small loaf pans). In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil. Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (about 40 minutes for smaller loaf pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator. Makes 1 loaf. **I was able to make one regular size loaf and two small loaves with this recipe.

1 comment: