Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lentil and Rice Casserole


I don't make too many casseroles these days but I will definitely be making this one again.  My neighbor Lauren gave me this recipe and it was delicious!  We added sour cream, tortilla chips and cilantro but it also tastes great plain.  I think Lauren sometimes adds salsa, guacamole and olives, which I'm sure is great too!

Lentil and Rice Casserole

3 C. chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
3/4 C. lentils, cleaned and picked over
1/2 C. brown rice, uncooked
3/4 C. fresh onion
1/2 t. basil
1/4 t. oregano
1/4 t. thyme
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 C. cheese



1.  Combine all ingredients except cheese in a casserole dish.
2.  Cover and bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
3.  At the last 20-30 minutes of baking, sprinkle cheese all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment