Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beef Soup Provencal


When Ben and I were first married we lived in a small condominium complex with other newly married couples.  I was still learning how to cook and my neighbor Kristen was a pro at it.  She passed on many a recipe to me in those days and this is one of them!  This soup is healthy, tasty, perfect for a cold day AND takes very little time to make.

Beef Soup Provencal

1 lb. ground beef (I used 1/2 lb. of ground turkey.) 
15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
14 oz. ready-to-serve vegetable broth (I've substituted beef broth or beef bouillon with good results.)
14 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
4 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

In a large saucepan, brown beef and drain off grease.  Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes and seasonings.  Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for five minutes.  Stir in spinach.  Continue simmering for another five minutes.  Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment