Saturday, September 3, 2011

Buttermilk Wheat Pancakes


Do you like my new plates?  Our cheap set of dishes that we bought when we were first married had seen better days so I bought this set of Corel dishes when they were on a great sale on Amazon several months ago.  I kept them boxed up until the move.  Now I am thoroughly enjoying them!  They are so light weight and don't scratch or chip.

So these are GREAT pancakes!  I love just about anything that calls for buttermilk so these hit the spot with me.  The wheat isn't overly heavy either.  Just loved these with homemade buttermilk syrup.

2 eggs, beaten
3 cups buttermilk
4 Tablespoons oil
1 cup white flour
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Beat the eggs first and then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Do not over mix. Cook on a hot nonstick pan or griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment