Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spinach Salad with Teriyaki Bowties


I was on a salad kick near the end of September - A little late, I know. But nonetheless, I tried out a few new recipes and this one was delicious! I love the teriyaki flavor mixed with the sweetness of the oranges and dried cranberries. This recipe comes from The Sisters Cafe.

Spinach Salad with Teriyaki Bowties

16 oz. Bowtie pasta, cooked and cooled
1 - 2 bags of fresh baby Spinach
2 small cans Mandarin Oranges
1 cup Craisins
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1 can Water Chestnuts (I omitted.)
1 bunch Green Onions, chopped
1 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts or Cashews (I did the peanuts.)
1/2 cup fresh Parsley (I used dried.)
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds, toasted (I omitted.)
2 cups torn cooked Chicken

Dressing:
1 cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2/3 C. Teriyaki Sauce
5 Tbs. Sugar

Cook bowtie pasta according to directions, drain and cool while whisking the dressing together in a large bowl. Marinate cooked bowtie pasta in the dressing for 1 hour or longer in the fridge. Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour the teriyaki sauce and pasta over the salad, toss together and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin!! You should post the delicious recipe for the pasta you made for me! I loved it!!! I am glad I came across your blog so I can add it to ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of bowties there is something elegant about them, but they are so darn hard to tie.... wish you would've addressed that

    ReplyDelete