Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ranch Pizza

I know I am way behind many of my friends, but tonight was my first attempt at homemade pizza - including dough from scratch. I think it turned out delicious, but I also think things always taste better when you put the effort into making them. I borrowed my friend Ruby's recipe for the sauce - yum! And then just added a tomatoe from our garden and green onions I got from the co-op last week.

Crust:

3 c. flour
1 c. warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. salt

In bread machine put water and oil. Then add flour and salt with yeast on top. Set to dough cycle. When finished, take out and break into two equal parts. Roll dough out into two circles. Spread with sauce and toppings.

Ranch Sauce:

1 c. Ranch dressing (my favorite is BYU Creamery Ranch, then Hidden Valley)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp. basil
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese (I used shredded.)

Bake on a pizza stone at 425 for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. After all my summers at the dude ranch I fell in love with all things ranch and this certainly fits in my cowboy hat!! Yeeee Haaaaw thanks again

    ReplyDelete