Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Beth's Flank Steak Marinade


Ben's mom bought steak for dinner on Sunday so I decided to try this marinade.  It was delicious!  I forgot to take a picture, however, so I borrowed this one from The Sisters Cafe.  I used a top sirloin and marinaded it in the fridge all day.  The recipe suggests marinating overnight but mine only had about 8-9 hours and was still very flavorful.  We grilled the steak on the barbecue and then cut it into strips. 

Beth's Flank Steak Marinade

1/2 cup soy sauce
1 garlic clove chopped
1 tsp ginger (I used dried.)
2 TB lemon juice (Fresh-squeezed is best.)
2 TB canola oil
1 TB onion chopped (I used dried because it called for such a small amount.)
1/4 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients together and allow steaks to soak in marinade in fridge all day or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment