Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love homemade cookies and so do my kids!  Ben doesn't have much of a sweet tooth but he does like peanut butter cookies.  I made the first batch without chocolate chips for him and then added the chocolate chips in for the rest of us to enjoy.  These are really tasty and super quick and easy!...my kind of cookie!  As a side note, I've always made cookies with semi-sweet chocolate chips but I happened to buy milk chocolate chips when they were on sale a few months ago and since this recipe calls for them I decided to use them.  I think they go perfectly with the peanut butter cookie - better than semi-sweet would.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature
2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cup flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag milk chocolate chips (I wouldn't use an entire bag - maybe 2/3.  Half peanut butter chips / half chocolate chips would taste good too!)

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth.  Then add in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Just cook until they start to brown and then take them out and let them cool a few minutes on pan before transferring.

No comments:

Post a Comment